1/2/07

Later This Week

My wife and I just completed a Miami to Mississippi to Maine to Mississippi to Miami trip over the past 15 days, so I'm going to take a day or two to get back to the usual routine. I'll post if I can. . .

On Friday's Passing Notes broadcast (88.9 FM in Miami or online at seriousjazz.org) I'll be talking to Miami-born writer Karen Russell, whose story collection St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves was published earlier this year. That feature will air at 10:06 am and 7:06 pm. I'm working on acquiring server space to host all of the PN broadcasts in MP3 format, as well as delivering them as podcasts after the morning airing.

Saturday's Early Jazz Weekend Session will take its cue from a pair of notable jazz birthdays of the week -- Milt Jackson and James Carter.

Sunday's EJW will feature two more birthday boys, John McLaughlin and Chano Pozo. Both of these shows run from 6:00 to 9:00 am, so tune in.

Next Saturday at 8:00 am, South Florida jazz critic Ed Blanco and I will host the first ever broadcast of Straight, No Chaser: The New Music Hour, during which we'll be playing and talking about the best of the latest jazz from around the world.

No comments: