7/9/11

Guest Host - Jazz Cafe, 7/10

Once again, it's the busy season for me on the air, and I'll be filling in on the early side tomorrow morning for Ed Blanco on the Jazz Cafe from 7 to 9 am.  No big surprises here, just the usual mix of blues, jazz, and creative backbeats in the first hour, with a healthy dose of new stuff in the second hour.  Then, next weekend, I've got a little more space as I'm filling in for Gary Ferguson.  Following that, I'm covering Skip Lezama's Saturday morning show.

On Saturday, July 30, it will be the end of the first year of the "relaunched" Passing Notes, so I'm putting together a "best of" show featuring interviews from the year past.  Among the people we'll hear from again are Cassandra Wilson, Judy Collins, music critics Greil Marcus, Alex Ross, Kevin Whitehead, and John Swenson, as well as biographers of Cab Calloway (Alyn Shipton) and Bobby "Blue" Bland (Charles Farley).  I hope you'll tune in!

PN Feedburner | PN iTunes | PN Twitter | PN Facebook | PN Video | PN Goodreads | PN Tumblr

No comments: