11/30/12

Listener's Notes - 12 Albums for 2012


Tis the season for critics and programmers to post their usual "best of the year" lists, and although I don't have time to listen to (or, in the world of books, read) as much as I'd like to, I do feel I've done my homework as far as jazz is concerned.  Jazz, that is, described broadly and in a way that might irk the jazz police.  But what are you gonna do when the jazz police come for you?  For symmetry's sake, my list of best albums for the year is 12 items long, and in no particular order other than roughly alphabetical.  Let the arguments begin!



12 for 2012
Lynn Arriale, Solo
The Bad Plus, Made Possible
Robert Glasper Experiment - Black Radio
Vijay Iyer Trio - Accelerando
Brad Mehldau Trio, Ode
Branford Marsalis Quartet – Four MF’s Playin' Tunes
Medeski, Martin & Wood, Free Magic 
Pat Metheny, Unity Band
Christian Scott - Christian aTunda Adjuah
Esperanza Spaulding - Radio Music Society
Ben Wendel - Frame

PN Feedburner | PN iTunes | PN Twitter | PN Facebook | PN Video | PN Goodreads | PN Stitcher

No comments: