9/29/10

PNodcast - The Future of Music

My good buddy Gregg (former drummer of, among other groups, Ninja Monkeys Attack, for which I was bassist) sent me a thought-provoking article about the difference between analog-recorded sound and digital-recorded sound.  Douglas Rushkoff, author of Program or Be Programmed, contributes an article to Boing-Boing that uses this digital-analog difference as a metaphor for many of the developments he considers philosophically troubling about going all-digital.  The article reminded me, in an indirect way, of an old broadcast review I did of a book by David Kusek and Gerd Leonhard, a manifesto, if you will for the highly relevant Future of Music Coalition.

Permalink for podcast.

PN Feedburner | PN iTunes | PN Twitter | PN Facebook | PN Video | PN Goodreads

No comments: