10/14/10

Reader's Notes - Ridley Scott Meets 'The Man in the High Castle'

One of my all-time favorite science fiction books is from Philip K. Dick, The Man in the High Castle.  Set in a parallel universe where the Axis powers were victorious in World War II, this provocative, intelligent novel absolutely blew me away when I read it in college, so much so that when I had a chance to teach a course in science fiction, it was on my reading list.  The seniors in my class, fresh off their European and US History courses, found the "what if" themes of the novel deeply engaging and wonderful grounds for many thoughtful discussions.  It appears now that no less than Ridley Scott will bring his own sense of style and intensity to this great dystopian novel in a BBC mini-series.

Here's the story from some days ago in the UK Guardian.

PN Feedburner | PN iTunes | PN Twitter | PN Facebook | PN Video | PN Goodreads

No comments: