1/22/14

Road Notes - The Mississippi Blues Trail

I've been on the road for the week taking care of family business, which often means that my little family is piled in the van and rambling over one or another Mississippi country road.  With cotton fields and country churches passing by, I always think about the places I need to visit on The Mississippi Blues Trail.  I've been through West Point (Howlin' Wolf country) many times, done my visit to Clarksdale and other places, yesterday our business took me through Winona -- where Pops Staples of the Staples Singers was born.  I liked that, as I think was in need of some gospel music yesterday.

Visit the website for The Mississippi Blues Trail.

And here's the Staples Singers from 1956 with "Uncloudy Day."



PN Feedburner | PN iTunes | PN Twitter | PN Facebook | PN Video | PN Goodreads | PN Stitcher

No comments: